Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Adaptive Technologies

As a teacher of the talented and gifted, I have not had to use adaptive or assisted technology with my students. Prior to my research I was not aware of the many opportunities available should I need to use it. I reviewed the CAST website. CAST focuses on Universal Design for Learning (or UDL). These types of lessons reach out to all students, but specifically those in need of assistive technologies. There is even a strategy tutor that helps students in need of assistance. One of the most exciting things is that most resources on this website are free!

A few other assistive technology websites I have found are:

Kids Together Inc.
This website is especially helpful for people like me who are unfamiliar with assistive technologies. The Kids Together website includes descriptions and resources.

LD Resources
What I really like about this website is that it is very personal yet professional. There is an updated blog, success stories, resources, and even games!

No comments:

Post a Comment